Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Greatest Support System

I just want to say we have the best support system I could ever ask for. I have definitely felt the love and definitely the prayers from everyone the last few days. These have been the hardest 3 days I think I have ever been through emotionally without a doubt. I am so thankful to God for putting the people we need in our lives at the perfect time. I don't think we could have made it this far in this adoption without two things, the first being God. He has been our rock and held me when I didn't think I could make it through. I feel his love and support most, especially when I hear the words I am sorry unfortunately... (just an FYI not one of my favorite sayings, along with "just one more day"). I am glad he loves me more than I can comprehend or even begin to understand. Second, our friends and family. Tonight I was not in the best of moods and mentally and physically exhausted from the last couple of days. Wednesday nights are CRASH nights (our junior high/middle school program at church), once again I asked if the kids could pray for our case tonight. Let me tell you the best encouragement you can get comes from a junior high student. Their laughs are infectious and they love having something to be part of (like praying to bring a baby boy home from Ethiopia). Tonight after we watched video and talked about the great weekend they had last weekend at CIY. Then after a song and invitation to get baptised, we gathered as a group with me in the middle and they prayed over me for our court date tomorrow. 3 students prayed (I love the prayers of a junior high student). Then we had a cake, it was so cute, it said "Can't Wait to Meet You Daniel". Here is a picture:



It was great night with lots of much needed hugs, prayers and support. I love my CRASH family volunteers and students. The best part of the night, 2 students got baptised and at least 2 more are talking to their parents about it! I love the way God works. Keep praying tonight is the night we are finally parents to this sweet baby boy. God is good, he can make it happen.

No comments: