Friday, February 12, 2010

3 Days

I can't believe our court date is only 3 days and 15 hours away! I am praying, begging and pleading with God to let this be the day we officially become parents to the precious baby boy we have been staring at for the last 8 months. As I was laying in bed last night at 1:00 in the morning and not able to sleep the thought hit me, our whole world could possibly be changed in less than 2 months. We will fly 1/2 way around the world to a foreign country and will be given a 10 month old baby boy and sent on our way. Minor panic started to set in, not only for the 17 hour plane ride (not a fan) but also for the 4 days in a hotel with a baby trying to bond. I know this is just Satans way of taking the joy out of our journey and I know everything will be great when we get there but for that brief moment I thought to myself "am I ready for this". Truth is I am beyond ready and was just letting my imagination get the best of me (or better yet Satan). I have been preparing for this moment for almost 2 years now with the adoption and about 4 years now planning for our family. As I am writing this post I am thinking what a journey we have been on! I am so thankful I have God on my side because I would have never made it through this journey and grown as much as I have in the last 2 years without him. Please pray with us that God blesses us with the gift of our son officially on the 16th. Our case will go before a judge in Ethiopia on Monday night the 15th while we sleep (while you sleep, I don't think I will be sleeping much). This is all in His hands and He will take care of us. I have a calendar on my desk at work by Stormie Omartian that has prayers and scriptures every month. The prayer for February is so appropriate for what we are going through:

"Lord, I put my hope in You. I submit my life to You. Help me to pray about everything and trust in You in every part of my life."

The scripture I have been reading multiple times a day:

"My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation comes from Him." - Psalm 62:5

This is what I will do wait for God to bring my family together. Tuesday is our day! Please God let Tuesday be our day!

3 comments:

jamullins said...

Praying for your court date! And praying you have a wonderful trip! You will love Addis. I wasn't ready to come home. :)

Ryan and Ashlie said...

Praying for your court date and peace about your trip!!!! =) I can feel your happiness and cannot wait to congratulate you!!!!!!

Frances Williams said...

can't wait to hear you passed!!! and don't fret!! I remember last year when we arrived in ethiopia and to our guest home that I just stood there kinda numb realizing that in a matter of hours I would be holding Yonni and then I just started crying asking scott, "what are we doing???" and then it passed and the rest is history!!!