Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Fire Inspection

Wednesday June 11, 2008

The fire chief came last night to do our fire inspection. He is coming back out tonight to give us our certificate and to make sure the smoke alarms are up and the plug covers are in. I didn't know our house had so many plugs in it until I started putting covers on the ones that weren't used. One more thing down on the list. We also got our local background check letters from the police department. We are moving right along.
I started the online training, it is a lot of information and mostly the worst case scenerio. I went through 2 of the 7 modules on Monday night and had to stop because the information was starting to bring on an anxiety attack. All the training is about giving you the information on what could happen, hopefully it doesn't happen. But I guess that is what training is all about giving you all the information even if it is a bit scary.
Our next home study visit has been scheduled for June 30. This one she will come to us and visit in our home for about 2 hours. We went ahead and scheduled the third visit for July 1 too. That visit she will come back to our home and do individual interviews, talk about stressful. This is where all the weird questions will come into play to see how each of you answer (i.e. your relationship in high school, tell me what happened and why you broke up).
We were suppose to have our physicals yesterday but Mark had to cancel because work is so busy and the doctors office rescheduled mine for June 17th.
I also completed my autobiography. I forgot how hard it was to write about yourself when you know people are going to form an opinion of you from what you write.

No comments: