Monday, May 11, 2015

Happy Gotcha Day - Daniel

5 years ago today our lives were changed forever.  This is the day we got to take Daniel into our home and lives forever.  I thank God every day for the opportunity to be his mom.  He is the light in our life.  

I remember this day so vividly, getting up and packing the bag to take to the Transition Home.  And leaving that Transition Home in the van with Daniel on my lap knowing that this was the day I became his mom!  My heart was so happy for our family and ached for those nannies who stood waving and crying as we all left the place that Daniel had called home for almost 1 year.  I remember getting back to the room and playing on the floor with him and all of a sudden looking down and he was sound asleep on my lap.  I remember not wanting to put him down and rocking him to sleep.  I will always be eternally grateful for this day.  The day he became our son.  

“Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’ and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’ Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth” – Isaiah 43: 5-6

No comments: