Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Back to Work

Today was my first day back to work and away from my baby boy! Last night as I was rocking him before bed time, I told him that Mommy had to go to work and he was going to spend the day with Mika and Papa. It was the cutest thing because he sat on my lap and looked me in the eyes and when I asked him if he was going to be a good boy, he shook his head yes. When I asked him if he was going to go swimming and play on the swing set, he shook his head yes. When I asked him if he was going to listen to Mika when she said no, he shook his head yes. Now I am not sure how much he actually understood but he sat there like he was 10 years old listening and responding. So after that I held him a little closer and rocked him a little longer. Then I had to pack his stuff for the next day and pack my lunch for my first day back to work. I did not miss packing my lunch at all. I got up in the morning, got ready and left for work. Daniel was still sleeping, Mark had the wonderful job of dropping him off. He did really good all day with my mom and dad. The best part of my day was when I walked into mom's house and around the corner, Daniel saw me and started giggling and shrieking and doing his crazy dance. I love that little face when it lights up. Tonight when I put him down for bed, I loved on him and rocked him a little more, knowing tomorrow we will do it all over again. This is our new normal and it just may work! I love my baby boy and I missed him like crazy today! God has a plan and I am trusting in it!

1 comment:

Josh, Candace and Cole said...

That is the cutest thing ever!