Monday, November 1, 2010

Pumpkin Patch



Daniel's first trip to the Pumpkin patch was definitely fun. We started out at Detwiler's Farm with a stop at the petting zoo. Daniel loved petting the goats and baby animals. Mommy did not so much, there was a little goat tied to the outside of the fence, everytime I tried to take a picture of Daniel feeding the animals the baby would jump on me. I finally just gave up. Petting zoos are definitely Daddy's area of expertise.


The hay ride was by far the best part of the visit for Daniel, since he loves tractors and basically anything with wheels and a motor!
He sat between Mommy and Daddy and just took it all in. Then they passed the apples. Daniel loves apples but does not eat them very fast. He did not want to let go of his apple when we got off in the middle of the pumpkin patch. This was quite interesting since he seemed to be on his stomach in the dirt more than anything! That apple was quite disgusting by the time I finally got him to let it go. Funny thing is he really didn't care to much about all the pumpkins, he just wanted to play in the dirt!




It was such a beautiful day in the sun and dirt! On our way out I bought 2 of the little pumpkins that fit in your hands for Daniel. He was excited because he could carry them. He was playing with them in the back seat and we hear a crunching noise. Mark looks back and he is eating the pumpkin. I looked at Mark and said "Is that bad?" Well he didn't get sick, but apparently he was pretty hungry. I think he thought it was another apple! I can't wait to go back again next year. He will be so fun when he understands more what we are doing. We were not just playing in one big sandbox, which is what I think he thought! He loves to play in the dirt.

No comments: