We had our 3 month post placement visit this week. Hard to believe it is that time already. It went really well, I had no doubts. Daniel was of course in show off mode giggling and running around. That night when I put him to bed, I sat in the rocker and thought about how far he has come, from a different continent, across the ocean on a 17 hour plane ride all before he was 2. God's plan is amazing, I never thought 7 years ago when we got married that we would have been to Africa and back all before we were married 10 years.
Some things I have learned in the last 3 months:
1. Daniel is a morning person! Mommy not so much!
2. My clothes will never be worn more than once before washing again!
3. His hair takes more time and product to take care of than mine!
4. Being a mom is the best thing that has ever happened to me (besides my husband)!
5. I will say the word No more than any other word in my vocabulary!
6. It is hard to be firm when Daniel gives me that million dollar smile when he knows he is in trouble!
7. Sometimes it is best just to throw your to do list for the day away and crawl around on the floor playing with toy cars.
8. My life is forever changed because I choose to say yes to God's plan!
9. I can't wait to do it all over again!
Here are some recent pictures of Daniel he has grown so much!
We are blessed because he is our son!