Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Confessions, Prayer and Friends

Tonight I had the opportunity to do something that was absolutely amazing. The volunteers for CRASH (our middle school program at church) got together for a Prayer Meeting. I was really unsure as to what would take place and a little anxious going in. Coming out of it I can tell you I am totally 100% at peace knowing that God is in control of my life, work, children and family and I don't have to stress about it or worry over it. How did I get there you might ask? Well the meeting was held in sections, read scriptures together or whoever felt like reading read it out loud, sing a worship song or two (lead by one of our praise singers who is absolutely wonderful) pray for a minute thanking God for who he is, pray thanking him for the blessings in our lives, pray confessioning our sins, read some more scriptures, listen and sing more songs, pray about a need you have, prayer for your family and their needs, more scriptures, more songs, pray for the students of CRASH, pray for their families, more scriptures, more songs, etc. The night was two hours of us and God. Somewhere in that prayer time I felt this calm come over me like the song I have been listening to, I felt his arms around me telling me that we would be ok. Our baby will be here when he is ready, our baby is in good hands and is one of his children. God is there loving our baby when we can't be. It is amazing how this happens.

My prayer tonight is for all those waiting and those with heavy hearts or burdened hearts that you can feel the peace and calm that only God can provide. We are in his hands and we will be ok.

I thank you Lord for the amazing gifts of grace, mercy and love that you have shown me throughout this process. As the song says, "I can't do this alone, Lord I need you to hold on to me". When we become still Lord it is amazing that feeling of your arms around us. I thank you for the friends and people that you have put in our lives to help us through this tiime of waiting even if they don't realize that is what they are doing. I love you Lord, I love you Lord, I love you. that is all I can say right now. Thanks for loving me when I don't deserve it. Thanks for protecting me and guiding me through the hurt and the pain. I can't do this along and I am so thankful that I don't have to. It is in your name I pray. Amen

No comments: