Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas is always the hardest part of the wait

Christmas is my favorite time of the year.  But when you are in the adoption process it is the hardest time of the wait.  Everyone is shopping, family get togethers, stockings to hang, but in my heart I know while I am going through all these fun traditions a part of my heart is still in Africa.  There is one stocking missing, there is one set of little feet that won't be coming down the stairs Christmas morning, one little face that won't be looking up smiling at me with Daniel while he sneaks just a little more icing from the cookies.  As much as I love this season and this time with Daniel I can't help but stop and think each day about the little boy that I have yet to meet.  Is he safe?  Is someone holding him this Christmas?  Is someone loving him?  Will anyone tell him Merry Christmas?

This is probably the 3rd time in this process I have posted this video but I listen to it every year and cry.  I can't wait for the year that I get to have both my boys under the Christmas tree.


Next year will be the year our family is complete for Christmas.  Until then I will keep praying for the boy that we will meet someday.  May God keep him safe until he is home.

No comments: