Saturday, July 21, 2012

Out of the mouths of babes

Some days I wish I was 3 again.  Everything is so simple in their little worlds.  The extent of the drama is when they don't listen and have a time out.  They know how to fix everything and don't understand when it really isn't that easy.

Tonight Daniel went to bed later than normal, and like always when he goes to bed late I seem to rush through the very important bedtime routine.  Which I did tonight, instead of 2 stories we read 1 short one.  He was overly tired and not listening so I finally hugged and kissed him, said good night and walked out the door.  About 10 minutes later he yells out to me "Mommy we didn't pray".  Feeling horrible I went in to pray with him.  He looked at me with those big brown eyes and said "We didn't pray after our story" (get the importance of the bedtime routine). So I started to pray and we prayed for all the normal things and then I said "and we pray for those who don't have mommies or daddies, enough food to eat or homes to keep them safe", that is when my 3 year old son broke my heart.  Ready for it? He stopped my prayer and said "Mommy why don't they have mommies or daddies?" I told him that I didn't know and that is why we needed to pray that they would find families to love them (not even thinking). He looked at me with the confused look he gets, that little nose all wrinkled up and said "They just left them".  I was thinking and didn't say anything (trying not to get to deep with my 3 year old at 10:00 at night). He had it all figured out, he said "Well mommy you need to call them" to which I said "and what would I say".  He said "You need to call them and tell them to come back to their families".  If only it were that easy.  Just a phone call and asking to return.  I have a feeling God is going to use him one way or another to do something to take care of those without families or mommies and daddies.  Because at 3 already he is worried for those with no mommies and daddies. What a heart he has already.  

I am so proud to be his mama, so thankful we get to be his forever family and so thankful for the gift God has given us to watch him grow in his relationship with God.  He loves Jesus so much already, God is going to do amazing things with this 3 year old little boy.  I love him so and am so grateful to be a part of his journey.

No comments: