Thursday, June 17, 2010

1 Month Home

We have officially been home for one month now with Daniel! A year ago I couldn't imagine holding him in my arms let alone being home a whole month with him. I love hearing him say mama or when he runs up behind me and grabs my legs and buries his head while laughing. He definitely has his own personality and is very outgoing. He loves to explore this and I love the face he makes when he discovers something new. He has had many many firsts in the last month. He has adjusted so unusally well. I know that our case is definitely the exception with little adjustment issues. He has definitely attached to his Daddy. Mark is back to work and the minute he walks into the door after work Daniel is glued to his side! I love watching him with his daddy.




We have had our ups and downs. Nap time is usually a time where Daniel will cry and scream but not every time. It is random, some days he just wants to be laid down in the crib to fall asleep other days he screams unless I hold him until he falls asleep. The days he screams he is overly tired and I am not sure if he is afraid I will not be there when he wakes up. We are working through that. I love watching him sleep. The best part of my day is in the morning when he wakes up and we go in to get him and get the biggest smile ever. Makes waking up in the morning all the better!



Daniel loves to be outside doing anything, especially if he can get dirty.




Not all adjustment and post adoption periods are as easy as ours. Talking to a friend today she said that maybe because we had such a hard time getting to Daniel that God gave us an easy period of adjustment. We will never know, easy or not I would not change our journey for anything. The long long waiting periods, paperwork frustrations and numerous failed court dates were what brought us to this precious beautiful baby boy. God knew what he was doing from the start. He was preparing our hearts, minds and home for a very active 15 month old while we waited. After going through this last month with the joy, tears, hugs and kisses all the frustration, heartache, disappointment and tears seem a million years ago. I still thank God for all that we went through to get to Daniel. I feel because of all that we appreciate what we have and treasure every moment with him even more. God prepared us to be the parents that Daniel needed and prepared Daniel to be the child that we needed. God's plan is always perfect even when we don't think it is. I can not be the mom that Daniel wants or needs me to be without God and I wouldn't want to.

I love being Daniels mommy. Daniel hugs and kisses are now one of my favorite parts of my day!

1 comment:

Ann said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.