Monday, October 27, 2008

5 Year Anniversary

Monday October 27, 2008

We celebrated our 5th anniversary on Saturday October 25th. It is so hard to believe that it has been 5 years ago that we got married. We went to Gettysburg, PA for the weekend and visited my favorite place Boyd's Bear Country! We found the cutest, softest stuffed Elephant with long legs and floppy ears. It will go perfect in the babies room. Speaking of which, we have the room painted and the trim up. We are going to finish up this week with minor touch ups and get the furniture!

We are one month down on the waiting list only 4-6 more (at least). I joined an online chat group for Ethiopian adoptions through AWAA. It is so interesting to read everyones trials and victories. It makes us so excited to travel to meet the baby that God has created for us. We continue to pray for all the orphans in Ethiopia and for the birth mother of our son where ever she may be in this process only God knows.

I have found strength in the following verse during this last month waiting (which isn't my strong suit by any means):

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
-Isaiah 41:10

If you want to see some inspirational and exciting videos and pictures of Ethiopian adoptions or Ethiopia in general go to www.youtube.com and do a search on "Ethiopian Adoption" You will be able to see other people who have already traveled to pick up their children and what their journey was like.

Continue to keep us in your prayers as we wait for that call with a referral of a baby boy! It is all in God's hands now.

2 comments:

Renee' said...

Hi guys! I saw your post on the official AWAA YG and wanted to let you know that we have a much more active AWAA YG here...

We are a very tight knit group and GREAT support for each other through the process. Come on over and introduce yourself!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ethiopia_adoptions_chat/

beBOLDjen said...

Hi Lisa,

Saw the link to your blog on the AWAA YG so I ran over to pay a visit. So glad you jumped int he conversation. Congrats on being DTE! I look forward to following your progress.

Blessings,
Jen
AWAA YG